East Indian Catholic Remark

In order to get the 'East Indian Catholic' remark entered in the Remarks Column of his/her Baptism Register, the person concerned could directly approach the Chancellor at Archbishop's House with a letter, addressed to the Parish Priest of their Church of Baptism, requesting him to add the 'East Indian Catholic' remark in the Remarks Column of his/her Baptism Register.

Along with this letter, he/she should also carry with the following documents:

  • The original certificate from either the 'Mool East Indian Sanghatna' or 'The Bombay East Indian Association' stating that he/she is a member of that Sanghatna or Association. Alternatively, he/she could get a letter from any priest who knows him/her and could vouch that he/she is an East Indian.

  • The original or a xerox copy of one's Baptism certificate.

Please note that both, the Baptism Certificate as well as the original membership certificate, will be returned to the parties.


Recent Posts

See All

With regard to addressing grievances against priests in their respective parishes, what is the procedure that is followed in the Archdiocese of Bombay? Every parish is like a family. As in every famil

1. What needs to be done in order to take care of arrangements at the time of death: A. Medical Death Certificate If the person has died in hospital, the medical death certificate will be issued by th

1. Can Communion and Confirmation be given to the mentally challenged? The Blessed Eucharist may be administered to children in danger of death if they can distinguish the Body of Christ from ordinary