Attestation of Marriage Certificate

1. Procure your Certificate of Marriage from the Church in which your nuptials were solemnised.

2. Bring your certificates to be attested first at



MUMBAI 400 001"

Landmarks: Close to Holy Name Cathedral, Fort Convent, Cooperage, Sahakari Bhandar, Regal Theatre"

Ph Nos: +912222021093 +912222021193 +912222021293"


Monday to Friday 09:00 a.m. - 01:00 p.m. and 02:00 p.m. 05:00 p.m."

Saturdays between 9.30 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.

3. This marriage certificate is then to be attested by THE PUBLIC NOTARY.

You could contact any public notary available at the courts or MR. N. J. D'MONTE, Advocate & Notary (Cell: +919820068642 ). He sits at the City Civil Court, near Kalaghoda - Monday - Friday 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.

4. Get it stamped by the HOME DEPT, which is opp. Mantralaya (New Administrative Wing) on the 9th floor between 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.

5. Finally get it stamped by the MARRIAGE REGISTRAR at the MANTRALAYA - His name is MR. A.A LOPES," Officer on Special Duty," Finance Dept." 1st Floor Mezzanine," Rm. No. 8," Mantralaya (Main) Mumbai 32" between 2.00 p.m. and 5.00 p.m." Please carry valid ID proof to enter the Mantralaya.

6. The marriage registrar needs to have a photo copy of the identity proof of both husband and wife, along with the original to verify. Also a copy of the marriage certificate with the previous 3 stamps i.e Archbishops House, Notary and Home Department is needed. Once this is done, this Certificate could be used in lieu of the CIVIL MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE anywhere in the world.


21, Nathalal Parekh Marg,
Mumbai 400 001

Tel: 022 2202 1093 | 022 22021193 | 022 22021293

Email: diocesebombay@gmail.com

Monday to Friday : 09:00 am to 01:00 pm

03:00 pm to 05:00 pm

Saturday : 09:00 am to 01:00 pm

Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays.

Download OUR APP
Google play.png
Apple store.png
© 2019 Archdiocese of Bombay