Archdiocese of Bombay
Marathi Reflection at Our Lady of Nazareth Church, Bhayandar
REFLECTION AND IMPORTANCE OF JESUS IN OUR LIVES
Preacher - Fr. Allwyn Misquitta
Fr. Allwyn emphasized the importance of chanting the name of Jesus, especially when we are in difficult situations and circumstances. Fr. cited many examples from the Bible where in Jesus’ name, many miracles took place and many were healed. He reflected on John 10:10; “The thief comes only to steel and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly. He explained the 7 deadly sins: lust, anger, greed, pride, envy, gluttony and sloth. We should get rid of our pride-me attitude which gives rise to ego, self-centered attitude. He reminded the widows that expenses are rising in our daily lives. Keep the faith in Mother Mary and ask her to intercede for our daily needs. We have to ask the Lord to teach us to pray and pray from the heart. He spoke about today’s generation and parents complain why the children are going astray. Why will it not happen when some expectant mothers smoke and drink and only think of their desires to satisfy themselves forgetting the child they are carrying in their womb.
In Jesus’ mission many women, widows chipped in freely and gave their all; Luke: Ch 8:2 &3. We are called to be another Mary Magdalene, Joanna and Suzanna.
Fr. Allwyn Misquitta celebrated the Eucharist.
The message given by Fr. Allwyn “stop saying the rosary and start praying the rosary”.
How to pray? He gave us five steps.
1. Prayer of Adoration: We should start with hymns of praise and worship to our God.
2. Prayer of Repentance: Luke 18:13; God be merciful to me a sinner. Accept our faults and sins and repent.
3. Prayer of Petition: 1 Timothy chapters 1,2 &3 we read about it, especially in Ch 2:1 I urge that supplication, prayers, intercessions and thanksgiving be made for all men.
4. Intercession: Romans 8:26
5. Thanksgiving: 1 Thes 5:18
Finally he advised us to look after ourselves and gave us a health mixture which recipe he shared with us.
Hope and Life Bhayandar